Start The Search Today
Before making an important decision as to which skilled nursing home is right for you or your loved one, we recommend browsing our site and familiarizing yourself with nursing homes in your area. These "skilled" nursing facilities offer comprehensive 24-hour supervision from nursing staff, which offer assistance with daily living and medical care as needed.
Searching for the right nursing facility can be a daunting task, which is why we provide easy to use maps and search tools to locate the facility that best meets your needs. There are over 15,000 Medicare-certified nursing facilities in the United States, and we have collected information from several sources including federal and state agencies regarding; resident services, ratings on quality measures, nursing staff and performance on inspections.
In addition to the in-depth nursing home profiles, we offer several guides to help walk you through the process and what to expect along the way.
Nursing Home Guides
- Skilled Nursing Facility Evaluation Visit Checklist
A checklist for making evaluation visits to skilled nursing facilities you are considering.
- What Should I Look for when Visiting a Prospective Nursing Home?
A guide to visiting skilled nursing facilities as part of the process of choosing a facility.
- Where Can I Find Information about Nursing Home Care?
A list of resources for the elderly, focusing on health care, Medicare, and nursing homes.
- How Do I Pay for Nursing Home Care?
A guide to the options for paying for skilled nursing facility care.
- What Are the Options for Dealing with Nursing Home Problems?
A guide to addressing any problems that may arise with your loved one's care in a skilled nursing facility
- What Are the Rights of Nursing Home Residents?
A guide to the rights of nursing home patients as guaranteed by state and federal law
- What Kind of Medical Care Will the Nursing Home Provide?
A guide to the medical services provided by skilled nursing facilities.
- What Are the Different Types of Nursing Homes?
A guide to the differences between skilled nursing facilities and intermediate care facilities.
- What Are Quality-of-Life Considerations in Choosing a Nursing Home?
A guide to quality-of-life issues that should be considered when selecting a skilled nursing facility.
- What Are Alternative Long-Term Care Choices?
A guide to long-term care choices besides nursing homes that may be an option in some situations.